Projects

Commercial aluminium windows and doors installed into a school in London.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

This installation of our commercial aluminium windows in London shows off the colour versatility of aluminium.

Many customers are often surprised at the huge range of RAL colours available to them. Our RAL colour chart is available to download by clicking here. Although 90% of all of the aluminium we supply is white (RAL 9010), black (RAL 9005) or anthracite grey (RAL 7016), the other 10% is blues, reds, greens, and other variations.

Funding was made available for this primary school in London to be totally refurbished. It allowed some much needed new exterior cladding, new windows and doors as well as a complete internal refurbishment. The contract was awarded to a good commercial customer of ours, for whom we have carried out a lot of work on schools across the South East.

Working on schools presents it’s own timescale challenges. Obviously, work can only be carried out during non term time. With lead times on aluminium around 6 weeks, if for example the main contractor orders aluminium late, there are serious repercussions. The main repercussion being that the aluminium is made later than when all of the children go back to school. So this is obviously something we and our customers are keen to avoid and it is something we have become good at avoiding over the years.

With the proposed black timber cladding on the school the idea was to use mainly a neutral colour such as white, but spruce it up somewhat: red. So we proposed using predominantly white commercial aluminium windows from our Alitherm range. You can download our Smart Alitherm window brochure to explore the range and sections in more detail.

Our estimator David scaled all the drawings and quoted everything up and emailed through our quote. The quote included our Saint Gobain Planitherm Total plus double glazing with argon-filled sealed units. As usual with this customer, our quote was swiftly accepted and our surveyor was booked in for a final survey on schedule. Everything went into manufacture and all glass made including the toughening of necessary units. Around 6 weeks later we installed everything over four days.

X

Book Free Design Consultation

Discuss your project with us further by booking a design consultation.

Book Appointment